Summer rain on Broad Street. (7/6/05)
Italianate storefront on East Broad Street at Randolph. (7/6/05)
More remarkable storefronts in the heart of Eufaula. (7/6/05)
Gazebo at the intersection of East Broad and Randolph. (7/6/05)
MacMonnie's Fountain, at the intersection of East Broad and Randolph. (7/6/05)
First Baptist Church of Eufaula. (7/6/05)
First Baptist Church of Eufaula historical marker (7/6/05):
Irwinton Baptist Church was constituted on June 24, 1837. The name of the town changed to Eufaula in 1843 and consequently the name of the church became Eufaula Baptist Church. The church assumed its third name in 1869 when it was changed to First Baptist Church of Eufaula. The church met temporarily in the male academy at the NW corner of Union and Livingston Streets. In 1841 a new church building was erected at the NW corner of Union and Forsyth Streets. The second church was built at this location and was dedicated on Nov. 5, 1871. The building was destroyed by fire caused by lightning on Aug. 12, 1907 and rebuilt using the same exterior walls without the steeple.
Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the First Baptist Church of Eufaula, 2001.
This guide to Eufaula is sponsored by Mitchells Publications.
Copyright © 2005 Patricia B. Mitchell.